The positive light of Tate Music Group...

Usually one of the first things I do when I walk into the studio in the morning is pour a cup of coffee and get on the blog to see who's doing what! This morning, I was reading a blog posted by one of our very own Tate Music Group artists, Rickey Wright!

I'm always encouraged by posts such as his that reaffirm what it is that we do here at TMG...

"I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the Tate Music Group for allowing me to be a part of their family. I feel honored to be one of their artists, and to list Tate Music as my record label on my musical Resume. It is a good feeling to be associated with a Christian organization that is not only concerned with the well being and welfare of their artists, but also about doing Christ's work in this world. Like many of the other artists that I have read their blog posts, I too spent much time in prayer before making the decision to sign with Tate, and I can say without a doubt that this is where God wants me to be."

Encouraging, not only for me and our production staff, but for the company as a whole and hopefully for other current and potential Tate Music Group artists!

Jumping out in faith can be a scary situation! Most of the negative messages I've read in some online blogs and message boards about Tate Music Group tend to come purely from ignorance, a lack of education about what our contract offers, or from the perspective of how the music industry is 'supposed' to work. That's one thing I can say as a loyal employee of Tate Music Group is that TMG is not one to jump in line and follow the crowd, but we're creating new wakes in the music industry, with hopes that we'll be the one leading that line while the crowd follows us.

Please read the rest of Rickey's blog to see some of the wonderful things he's said about Tate Music Group and our staff!

0 comments: